Pipe network inspection and pipe location
The regular inspection of the pipeline network is the basis of a sustainable water supply as well as the security of supply. By means of different methods, both metallic and non-metallic pipes can be located.
We, as a licensed engineering office, are authorized to carry out the technical inspection according to §134 WRG "external inspection". At the end of the inspection, the client receives an expert, objective assessment of the condition of his drinking water supply system, summarized in a test report. On the basis of the test report, any defects etc. can be remedied.
Water loss analysis
In every water supply system depending to its size and structure water losses occur in varying degrees. Water losses should be kept to a minimum for supply and safety reasons, but also for economic, ecological and legal reasons. Therefore, regular efforts of the operator are necessary to analyze and limit the losses or to locate leaks.
Technical inspection of WS systems and OM manuals
Within the technical inspections the client receives an expertise / objective assessment of the condition of his drinking water supply system, summarized in a test report. On the basis of the test report, any defects can be remedied.
Operating and maintenance manual inlcude:
- Documentation of maintenance and repair
- Cartographic interface to the information station
- Unique assignment of maintenance objects
Pipe inspections and leak detection methods
SETEC and its experts are experienced in various methods of pipe network inspection and depending on the situation one of the following procedures is applied:
- Correlation analysis
- Ground microphones
- Trace gas detection
- Valve testing
- TV-inspection: Pipelines from DN 50 (water and pump pressure lines) are inspected by means of TV - technology based on fiber optics.
For the leak detection or the creation of pipe network plans the exact knowledge of the supply network is a mandatory requirement. Two different methods are used depending on the cable material:
- Locating metallic lines using the transmission-reception method.
- In the case of non-metallic main lines, the pig immersion method is used and in the case of house connections, reconstruction by means of a locating probe is used.